Olga Govortsova is a professional Belarusian tennis player. Her highest WTA singles ranking was world number 35, which she reached on 23 June 2008.
Coached by brother Ilya Govortsov. Mother is Tatiana; father is Alexei; brothers are Ilya, Alexander. Baseliner whose favorite shot is backhand; favorite surface is clay. Started playing at age 6 when mother and brother introduced her to the sport. Speaks Belarusian, Russian, English. Likes rap, rock, pop and Russian music. Other interests include hockey, and shopping. Favorite places to visit are Hawaii & Belarus; favorite tournament is Dubai. Tennis players admired growing up were Lindsay Davenport & Jennifer Capriati. Goal is to reach Top 10.
- 2002 - Played first event of career on ITF Circuit in Belarus.
- 2003 - Won one doubles title on ITF Circuit.
- 2004 - Played first WTA qualifying at Tashkent.
- 2005 - Continued to play on ITF Circuit.
- 2006 - Played first WTA main draw at Tashkent, falling 1r; fell in qualifying once.
- 2007 - First Top 50 season; SF at Tashkent (l. to Parmentier); QF three times at Cincinnati, Stanford and Québec City; reached 2r five times (incl. Wimbledon, US Open); fell 1r three times and in qualifying twice; made Top 100 debut on July 23 (after Cincinnati; rose from No.107 to No.100) and Top 50 debut on October 15 (rose from No.51 to No.50); won two singles titles on ITF Circuit.
- 2008 - Another Top 50 season; reached first WTA final at Memphis (l. to Davenport); QF at Istanbul; reached 3r three times (incl. Roland Garros) and 2r 11 times (incl. US Open); fell 1r 10 times (incl. other two majors, Olympics) and in qualifying once; won one WTA doubles title.
- 2009 - Another Top 100 season; runner-up at Moscow (l. to Schiavone in final); SF at Tashkent (l. to Peer); QF four times at Brisbane, 's-Hertogenbosch, Palermo and Istanbul; reached 3r once (Roland Garros) and 2r nine times (incl. Wimbledon); fell 1r eight times (incl. other two majors) and in qualifying three times; won two WTA doubles titles.
- 2010 - Another Top 100 season; runner-up at Ponte Vedra Beach (l. to Wozniacki in final); reached 3r once and 2r eight times (incl. Roland Garros); fell 1r 16 times (incl. other three majors) and in qualifying once; won one WTA doubles title.
- 2011 - QF at Monterrey; reached 2r four times (incl. Roland Garros); fell 1r 14 times (incl. other three majors) and in qualifying seven times; won three WTA doubles titles; retired in Wimbledon 1r w/left ankle injury.
- 2012 - Fifth Top 100 season; QF twice at Barcelona and New Haven; reached 3r once (US Open) and 2r six times (incl. other three majors); fell 1r 10 times (incl. Beijing - l. to Paszek 75 06 76(6); held mp at 6-5 in third set tie-break) and in qualifying three times; won one WTA doubles title; won one singles title on ITF Circuit; struggled throughout season w/illness (retired in Bastad 1r, withdrew from Baku, retired in Guangzhou 2r and withdrew from Osaka); also withdrew from Bad Gastein w/right adductor injury and from Tashkent w/right shoulder injury.